Tree Board Meeting
- Date: 04/17/2018 7:30 AM
- Location: Brentwood City Hall
5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, Tennessee 37027
Unless otherwise rescheduled, the Tree Board meets every third Tuesday of the month at 7:30 a.m. in the City Manager's Conference Room. The conference room is located on the 2nd floor of the Brentwood Municipal Building, 5211 Maryland Way.
The Tree Board consists of eleven members. One member shall be a member of the Board of Commissioners selected by the Board of Commissioners. One member shall be a member of the Planning Commission selected by the Planning Commission and one member shall be a member of the Park Board selected by the Park Board. The remaining six members shall be residents of the city appointed by the Board of Commissioners.
The duties of the tree board include the following:
- Preparation of a tree plan for the community.
- Coordination of tree-related activities.
- Planning and holding an annual Arbor Day ceremony.
- Provision of tree information to the community.
- Maintenance of a recommended tree list for the community.
- Recognition of groups and individuals completing tree projects.
- Coordination of publicity concerning trees and tree programs.
- Coordinating donations of trees or money to purchase trees.
- Adoption of rules and regulations pertaining to the tree program.
For more information please contact Linda Lynch at 615-371-0060. For information pertaining to the management of trees in Brentwood, please see Chapter 78, Article VIII of the Brentwood Municipal Code or contact the Planning and Codes Department at 615-371-2204.