Draft Budget Ready for Review
First Public Hearing May 22
Following months of preparation and work, the City of Brentwood is pleased to present the draft budget for the fiscal year which begins July 1, 2017 and ends on June 30, 2018.
A work session scheduled for Thursday, May 11 starting at 8:30am at the Brentwood Library will be city staff’s opportunity to review the proposed budget with the City Commission prior to formal consideration of the appropriations and tax rate ordinances.
You can view the entire Fiscal Year 2017-2018 draft budget online.
Fiscal Year 2017-18 Draft Budget Schedule
Proposed Budget Highlights
- The Fiscal Year 2018 budget is balanced with net expenditures for all funds totaling $71,889,410
- 0.2% increase of $143,045 more than last year’s budget of $71,746,365
- General Fund budget of $37,265,810, an increase of $1,164,735 (3.2%) over last year
- Capital Projects Fund budget of nearly $15 million, including $8.7 million in transportation related projects
- Full funding for long-term financial obligations including employee pensions and benefits, equipment replacement, and facilities maintenance needs
- No change in the current tax rate of $0.36 per $100 of assessed valuation