Brentwood News

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Something Wrong With Your Water?

Post Date:01/04/2018

 Crews with the Brentwood Water Services Department have worked two broken water main pipes since the below freezing temperatures set in the first week of January.  Two sections of pipe burst along Ramsgate Court in the River Oaks subdivision.  

Ramsgate Ct. Water line repair

With temperatures forecasted to remain below freezing til next week, residents could experience water issues, most likely frozen meter and water line.

 Before you call Water Services, please know that the City does send out crews to check meters.  The water department is not able to control whether meters freeze or not.

As for water lines inside the home, to prevent water lines from freezing and breaking, try these things:

    • Open and leave open the cabinets under all sinks
    • Keep their garage door shut at night
    • Close the vents under their homes if they do not close automatically
    • Keep a small stream of water going at a sink on each floor at a minimum


    What to do if a frozen pipe bursts in your home

If water lines are leaking or have broken, call a plumber to make repairs  (now is a good time to research a reputable company)

Until a plumber gets to them, go to your water heater and use the cut off valve to shut the water off

Electricity should also be cut off to the section of the home where the water damage has occurred

Return to full list >>