16 Applications Submitted for 50th Anniversary Steering Committee
Throughout 2019, the City will celebrate its 50th anniversary in several ways to mark its incorporation as a city on April 15, 1969. Some celebration ideas discussed include a community parade, a fundraising gala, historic events, and community concerts.
At the Monday April 9 regular City Commission meeting, Commissioners approved the creation of a 50th Anniversary Steering Committee to help lead the city with planning its anniversary events. The committee will work under the leadership of officers elected at the first meeting and may create sub-committees for certain events.
A big thank you to the 16 residents who applied for the five board openings.
- May 14: City Commissioners vote to appoint five members
- Tuesday May 22: Boards first meeting at 4pm at Brentwood City Hall
The committee will consist of the following:
- Five Brentwood residents (not currently serving on City boards)
- One City Commissioner
- Six volunteer board members (appointed from each of the following boards: Park Board, Historic Commission, Tree Board, Planning Commission, Library Board, and the Environmental Advisory Board)
- The Community Relations Director (non-voting member)