Draft Budget Ready for Review
Following months of preparation and work, the City of Brentwood presents the draft budget for the fiscal year, which begins July 1, 2018 and ends on June 30, 2019.
A public work session is scheduled for Thursday, May 10 starting at 8:30am at the Brentwood Fire and Rescue Station Four and Training Center located at 1300 Sunset Road in Brentwood. City staff will have the opportunity to review and discuss the proposed budget with the City Commission prior to formal consideration of the appropriations and tax rate ordinances.
Fiscal Year 2018-19 Draft Budget Schedule
Proposed Budget Highlights
- The Fiscal Year 2019 budget is balanced with net expenditures for all funds totaling $73,127,435
- 1.1% increase of $813,028 more than last year’s budget of $72,314,410
- General Fund budget increase of $1,542,098 (4.1%) over last year
- Full funding for long-term financial obligations including employee pensions and benefits, equipment replacement, and facilities maintenance needs
- The proposed tax rate of $0.36 represents the same effective City tax rate for 28 years
- The Capital Improvements Program includes $156 million over six years (with only one year funded) including $76 million in transportation related projects
You can view the entire Fiscal Year 2018-2019 draft budget online.