Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


 Road Construction Ahead sign on road with blue sky

A permit is required when excavating in the Public Right-of-Way and Public Utility easements in the City of Brentwood.  

Right-of-Way and Bores are the most common and are the departments preferred method, however, when you are not able to perform your work within the right-of-way or complete a bore, you may have to cut into the road. If that is the case, authorization is required from the either the Public Works Director or the Superintendent before ANY cut is made.

*Failure to obtain appropriate permits will result in a citation leading to fines and court costs for each violation of the Municipal Code*

Requirements for obtaining a permit

   Printable Check List

Keep in mind

  1. Work may NOT begin until permit number has been issued.  Your permit is NOT valid until payment has been received.
  2.  Bond or Deposit will not be released until the completed job has been inspected and released by our street inspector, Wayne Bobbitt. 
  3. It is your responsibility to contact Wayne Bobbitt and request an inspection of the completed job. Wayne can be reached at the office (615) 371.0080 or his cell phone (615) 406.3108.

Excavation Permit City Ordinance

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer