- Beer Permit Application
- Business License Application
- Charitable Solicitor Permit Application
- Home Occupation Permit Application
- Peddler Solicitor Permit Application
- The City of Brentwood and the state of Tennessee require businesses located within city limits to obtain a business tax license and pay an annual business tax.
- Businesses located in Brentwood are also required to obtain a business license from the Williamson County Clerk’s office . Call 615-790-5732 for more information.
- Application fee: $15.00 (cash or check only)
- Download the application, include application fee, and mail to:
City of Brentwood
PO Box 788
Brentwood, TN 37024
The Tennessee Department of Revenue can help determine your business classification, tax rate and other tax information. Business tax is due annually by filing a Municipal Business Tax Return BUS416 with the State of TN, Department of Revenue. Tax is based on your gross sales/income for your fiscal year and the rate is based on the classification of your business. Tax returns are due on the 15th day of the 4th month following the end of your fiscal year. Penalty and Interest (currently 7.25%) will apply if taxes are not paid on time.
Business in your Home?
If the physical location of your business is your home address, you must first obtain a Home Occupation Permit from the Codes Department.
Closing your Business?
If your business closes, you must file a final business tax return with the Tennessee Department of Revenue with 15 days of closing.