Beer Permit Application Instructions
1. Read Chapter 6, Article II. - Beer of the City of Brentwood Municipal Code and familiarize yourself with the state laws related to the sale of beer.
2. The primary applicant must complete the Application in full and sign the application in the presence of a notary. Do not leave any questions blank. If a question does not apply to you, please type "N/A".
3. Permanent beer permit applications must be accompanied with a $250.00 application fee. Special event beer permit applications do not have to pay the application fee. Application fees are non-refundable.
4. Applicants or representative of the applicant must appear in person at the scheduled Beer Board meeting for consideration of the application. The Beer Board meets in the 2nd Floor Commission Chambers of Brentwood City Hall, 5211 Maryland Way, Brentwood, TN. The Board only meets if an application has been submitted by the deadline. A list of Beer Board meeting dates and deadlines is found below.
5. The establishment must obtain a valid business license from the City of Brentwood in order to open for business.
6. An annual privilege tax of $100.00 (per permanent beer permit) is required by state law and Brentwood Municipal Code and will be due each year in January. New permittees will be required to pay a prorated privilege tax when the beer permit is issued at the Beer Board meeting. Please be prepared with exact cash or check at the Beer Board hearing.
7. If you have any questions, please contact the City Recorder.
2018 Application Deadlines for the City of Brentwood Beer Board Meetings
|Deadline to Submit Beer Permit Application||Beer Board Meeting Dates|
|Monday, December 11||Tuesday, January 9 - 6:45 pm|
|Friday, January 5||Monday, January 22 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, January 22||Monday, February 12 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, February 12||Monday, February 26 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, February 19||Monday, March 12 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, March 12||Monday, March 26 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, March 19||Monday, April 9 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, April 9||Monday, April 23 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, April 23||Monday, May 14 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, May 14||Tuesday, May 29 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, May 21||Tuesday, June 12 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, June 11||Monday, June 25 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, June 18||Monday, July 9 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, July 9||Monday, July 23 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, July 23||Monday, August 13 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, August 13||Monday, August 27 - 6:45 pm|
|Friday, August 24||Monday, September 10 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, September 10||Thursday, September 27 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, September 17||Monday, October 8 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, October 1||Monday, October 22 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, October 22||Monday, November 12 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, November 5||Monday, November 26 - 6:45 pm|
|Monday, November 19||Monday, December 10 - 6:45 pm|