8109 Concord Road
Brentwood, TN, 37027
|Monday|| 9 AM - 8 PM
|Tuesday|| 9 AM - 8 PM
|Wednesday|| 9 AM - 8 PM
|Thursday|| 9 AM - 8 PM
|Friday|| 9 AM - 6 PM
|Saturday|| 10 AM - 6 PM
|Sunday|| 1 PM - 6 PM
Clicking on any blue/purple underlined question will take you to a webpage that will provide information on the topic.
I think I lost something at the library. Who do I speak with to see if it has been turned in?
- Call 371-0090, ext. 8070, or email email@example.com to determine if your lost property was turned in to the front desk. Please provide a description of the item, including any identifying marks or labels.
- Every attempt is made to identify the owner of a lost item. If the owner can be determined, he or she will be contacted if possible. If the owner cannot be determined, the item is placed in lost-and-found for a month. All unclaimed property is turned over to the City of Brentwood.
I returned a Brentwood Library book to another library. Is that OK?
- The Brentwood Library is a stand-alone city library with no branches. Materials borrowed here must be returned here. If you returned a Brentwood item to another library, please contact that library and retrieve that item. Contact the Circulation Desk (371-0090, ext. 8070) for a renewal if you need an extension of your original due date.
I returned another library’s book to the Brentwood Library. Is that OK?
- Every attempt is made to contact the patron who returns another library’s book to the Brentwood Library. However, if we are unable to determine who may have returned the item in error, we contact the owning library. Due to privacy policies, they are unable to provide the name of the borrowing patron; however, the owning library will contact the patron and ask them to pick it up from the Brentwood Library. Contact the circulation desk (615.371.0090, ext. 8070) if you think you may have returned another library’s book to the Brentwood Library.
Why can’t I log into my account on the website?
- Make sure you are using the correct website: www.brentwoodtn.gov/library
- Click on “My Account”.
- Username/Barcode: The first time you log into your account, you must enter your library card number & password. You may then click on “change logon” and select “create username” to create a shorter/more easily remembered username.
- Password: The password defaults to the last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file for your account if you have not provided an alternate password. You may choose to change the password to something more secure. Your selection may be alphanumeric and between 4-12 characters. To do this, log into your account, click on “change logon” and select “change password” to create a more easily remembered password.
May a grandparent or relative register my child for his/her library card?
- No. Only parents or legal guardians may register their children for a library card. However, materials may be checked out by others on behalf of a child, if the parent chooses to send an existing, in good standing library card with another party.
I lost my library card. Can I get a replacement?
- Yes. Please come in with your photo ID and Proof of Residency. We will issue a new card for you at no charge. Upon receiving a new card, your old card will no longer function, preventing anyone for using the old card in your place.
- Please be aware that items checked out or on Hold through Tennessee R.E.A.D.S. (e.g. eBooks and eAudioBooks), may not transfer completely to the new card. Everything else should transfer to the new card without issue.
How can I see what items I currently have checked out?
- Please log into your account at My Account and click on "Items Out."
About the Library
How do I apply for a job at the John P. Holt Brentwood Library? (Scroll to bottom of page)
Resources (Books & More)
- If you feel uncomfortable or have difficulty using our online catalog, please contact the Reference Desk for assistance. Phone: (615) 371-0090 ext. 8200. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to suggest an item for the library to purchase. What should I do?
- Open the library catalog webpage.
- Click on "Didn't Find What You Need?" on the left side navigation column.
- Click on "Suggest a Title" underneath.
- Login with your library card account information.
- Provide as much information about the item you can. Please include:
- Title, Author, Format (e.g. Book, AudioBook, Video Game, etc.), and Year of Publication (if possible).
- Click "Submit" and you will be notified by email when/if the item comes in.
- You can register for programs on the Library Event Calendar. Select the program for which you wish to register by clicking on it and completing the registration form. Don't forget to click "Register"! You may also contact our Adult Program Coordinator.
What are the fee costs for programs?
- If a program has a fee cost it will be noted in the description of the program.
- Yes. Please check the availability of classes on our calendar.
Internet & Technology
Could you help me with my new Kindle, iPad, Nook, etc.?
- We provide brief assistance with e-Readers and various devices. We also offer classes where help is available to download eBooks to your eReader. Just check out our calendar for specific classes available.
Study & Meeting Rooms
Support the Library
Materials Donations/Book Sales
- Any items in good condition, including textbooks.
- Small donations may be made at the Circulation Desk during library hours.
- Large donations are accepted Monday-Friday from 9:00-4:00 PM. To deliver large donations, drive to the right of the library behind the wooden fence and ring the doorbell at the far left door for staff to assist you.
- If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please have a count of items by type (hardback books, paperbacks, VHS, etc.).
When do you stop accepting items for the book sales?
- Items are accepted year-round.