The Planning section guides the physical development of the City as prescribed in the Brentwood 2020 Plan and Municipal Code (including zoning, subdivision, and related regulations).
Address and Hours
5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, TN 37027
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Current Planning activities include:
- Assisting property owners, developers and others in the application of zoning and subdivision regulations
- Review of project plans for compliance with zoning and subdivision regulations
- Administration of regulations related to signs, floodplain development, hillside protection, home occupations, and other development related issues
- Staff support services for the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals
Long Range Planning
Long Range Planning activities include:
Oversight of the Brentwood 2030 Long Range Comprehensive Plan. The plan was last updated in the fall of 2016. It details the community's vision for future growth and development. The plan identifies tools to help future growth match the City’s vision. By anticipating what type of growth and development is likely, and where it is likely to occur, the plan helps the City place the appropriate land uses and infrastructure – such as roads and utilities -- in the right locations. It also helps coordinate City services.
Coordination of the Brentwood Major Thoroughfare Plan (MTP). The MTP is the mobility component of the Brentwood 2030 Plan and was also revised in 2016. The MTP is a long range, proactive plan that includes vision and action to address the issues involved in rapid growth. The plan is intended to address roadway, bicycle and pedestrian issues. Policies for encouraging bicycle and pedestrian safety and usage will be included as part of the plan update.
- Zoning Ordinance
- Zoning Maps
- Subdivision Regulations
- Municipal Code
- Brentwood 2030 Plan
- Brentwood Major Thoroughfare Plan
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)