NEW DEVELOPMENT SPOTLIGHT – 2018
New residential construction remains steady. Most of the permits issues for new residential construction are for lots within established subdivision. Some of the projects include Morgan Farms, Taramore, Owl Creek, Glen Abbey, Cromwell, and Whetstone.
Since January 2018, the Planning Commission has approved final plats within subdivisions that are currently at various stages of development.
• Reserve at Raintree Forest Subdivision: is working to begin phases 4 through 10 of the 554 acre subdivision. 100 acres on the hilltop within the subdivision have been donated to the Land Trust of Tennessee as a conservation easement.
• Sneed Manor: is one of the newest subdivisions in brentwood. While small, at only six lots, the lots are larger 3 acres and great lots that are zoned agricultureal-residential. To date only 1 home is being constructed.
• Taramore Subdivision: is nearing completion with almost all of the building permits being issued for the 275 home subdivision. The subdivision features a walking trail and a sidewalk that will connect to the new Jordan Elementary School.
• Traditions: is completing Phase 1 of the OSRD plan. Currently 26 of the 127 lots are platted.
• Whetstone: is also nearing completion with only one lot in the 141 lots remaining untouched as of May 2018.
• Witherspoon & Holt Witherspoon: One of the largest subdivisions approved by the Board of Commissioners in recent years is the Witherspoon Subdivision. Witherspoon is continuing to grow with 63 lots remaining out of 154 approved lots.
Hill Center Development Phase 1:
May 17th, 2018, marked the official grand opening of Phase 1 Hill Center Brentwood. The event also marked the ground breaking for phase II which was attended by Governor Bill Haslam. Phase II includes plans for an AC Hotel, a boutique hotel chain through Marriott.
Phase II is also slated to include more parking and offices as well as a walking trail that connects to Maryland Way Park in the rear of the center.
photo by H.G.Hill
CityPark Development: The CityPark project has been open now for over a year. The property is located off Franklin Road and is currently close to fully leased with a mix of retail, hotel, and office space throughout the property. A weekly farmer's market is a new addition and will be every Thursday in the courtyard in front of the hotel for 13 weeks.
photo by Boyle Investments
Brentwood Place Shopping Center: Stein Mart is back and in the Brentwood Place Shopping Center after leaving in 2015 when Nordstrom Rack took over their lease. Across the drive aisle, Chick-Fil-A is expanding its kitchen to help with long lunch lines. They will also be adding a second drive thru lane. Due to congestion at certain times, an additional lane will be added when entering the shopping center and traffic patterns will be changed to allow for better flow during peak times.