The City of Brentwood has recently partnered with the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation and the Tennessee Dangerous Drugs Task Force to provide a prescription drug drop box in the lobby of City Hall (5211 Maryland Way). The drop box is available 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, and is located in an area under video camera surveillance. Drop-off is free and no forms are required - just place the items in the box!
Acceptable items include:
- Prescription Medications (including prescription narcotics)
- All over-the-counter medications
- Pet medications
- Liquid medications in leak-proof containers
- Pills in any packaging, including glass, plastic container, baggie (Ziploc) or foil
Items NOT accepted include:
- Illegal drugs/narcotics
- Needles/sharps or syringes with needles
- Blood sugar equipment
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Personal care products (shampoo, lotions, etc.)
Please, DO NOT FLUSH unused medications down the toilet or pour them in the sink.
For further information, contact the Brentwood Police Department at 615-371-0160.