Environmental Advisory Board Meeting
- Date: 12/09/2019 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Brentwood City Hall
5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, Tennessee 37027
The Environmental Advisory Board (EAB) meets quarterly (more often if necessary), on the second Monday of the month in January, April, July, and October. Meetings are at 6:00 p.m. in the City Manager’s Conference Room on the 2nd floor of the Brentwood Municipal Center, 5211 Maryland Way.
The Environmental Advisory Board was created by the Board of Commission in June, 2010. As outlined in Ordinance 2010-12, the specific duties of the EAB are as follows:
- Develop and coordinate a public education program that encourages voluntary actions by citizens to improve the quality of the environment in Brentwood. Said program shall be subject to the annual review and approval of the board of commissioners.
- Upon the request of the board of commissioners or the planning commission, study and investigate environmental issues and develop recommendations for the board of commissioners or the planning commission.
- Facilitate volunteer activities throughout the community to promote good stewardship, especially in the areas of recycling, energy conservation, water conservation, transportation and other sustainability practices.
The actions of the environmental advisory board shall be limited to those items specifically delineated in its charge and the board shall not endorse or promote any specific product or political position.
The EAB consists of nine (9) members including one (1) City Commissioner appointed by the Board of Commissioners; one (1) member of the Planning Commission appointed by the Planning Commission; one (1) member of the Park Board appointed by the Park Board; and six (6) members at large appointed by the Board of Commissioners.