If you'd like to receive alerts about crime in your neighborhood, click here.
Brentwood Police Investigate “Bump and Rob” Armed Robbery
The Brentwood Police Department is investigating a “bump and rob” armed robbery which was reported on Monday, February 12, 2018. The incident occurred at approximately 9:20 pm near the intersection of Belle Rive Drive and Granny White Pike. The female victim reported she was traveling east on Belle Rive Drive approaching the intersection with Granny White Pike when her vehicle was bumped from behind by a dark colored sedan. When the victim got out of her vehicle to check the damage she was approached by two African-american male suspects from the other vehicle. One of the suspects had a handgun and demanded the victims purse. The suspects took the victims purse, returned to their vehicle and fled the area last seen headed south on Granny White Pike.
Police are still searching for the suspects. They are described as black male teenagers, approximately 5’4” to 5’6” tall with a slim build. The vehicle was described as a dark colored sedan.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Many times the suspects will follow for a distance before making a move.
- If you are uneasy, activate your hazard lights and continue driving to a populated and well lit area. Call police and motion to the other driver that you are moving.
- Evaluate the actions of the other driver before exiting your vehicle. If you see something suspicious pull away and call police.
- Keep your doors locked and windows rolled up. Tell the other driver you have notified police and wait for them to arrive before exiting.
- If you find yourself in this situation cooperate with the suspect. Property can be replaced.
See something, say something!
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Brentwood Police Department at (615)371-0160 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.