Brentwood Through the Media Years
The City of Brentwood’s Historic Commission invites the community to Brentwood City Hall located at 5211 Maryland Way on Sunday, January 27 at 2 p.m. to hear stories from current and former journalists and reporters who covered Brentwood’s biggest news event over the years. News Anchor and Brentwood resident, Bob Mueller of Nashville’s News 2 WKRN, will moderate the afternoon discussion.
Members of the panel include:
- Mindy Tate -- Williamson Herald cofounder, Brentwood Journal and The Review Appeal reporter and current Franklin Tomorrow Director
- Deanna Lambert -- Emmy award winning journalist, former reporter at News 4 WSMV and currently City of Brentwood Community Relations Director
- Tom Lawrence -- former WAKM radio owner, the Voice of Williamson County
- Derby Jones - Williamson Herald and Southern Exposure Magazine, Owner and Publisher
- Susan Leathers - Brentwood Homepage cofounder and former Tennessean --Williamson AM editor
- Elaina Sauber -- Tennessean -Williamson County reporter
- Mark Cook -- former Tennessean-Williamson AM editor and current Brentwood Home Page editor
- Jim East -- award winning journalist with the Tennessean, News 4 WSMV, The Review Appeal and Brentwood Homepage
The afternoon event will be live streamed on the Brentwood Historic Commission Facebook page. Feel free to watch and submit questions for panelists.
The goal of the Brentwood Historic Commission is to promote an awareness of Brentwood’s rich cultural history and heritage; enhance the quality of life through the preservation of historic sites, by providing educational programs and activities; and as a city appointed volunteer board, coordinate with the City of Brentwood and the Brentwood Planning Commission to accomplish these goals.