THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION- PLEASE READ AND CONTACT THE OFFICE FOR MORE DETAILED PERMIT REQUIREMENTS.
Please use this link ---> Application for the time being until this page is complete.
A permit is required when excavating in the Public Right-of-Way and Public Utility easements in the City of Brentwood.
Excavation and Directional Boring within the right-of-way is the most common and are the departments preferred method, however, when you are not able to perform your work within the right-of-way or complete a directional bore, you may have to cut into the road. If that is the case, authorization is required from the either the Public Works Director or the Superintendent before a cut is made.
*Failure to obtain appropriate permits will result in a citation leading to fines and court costs for each violation of the Municipal Code*
Requirements for obtaining a permit
Printable Check List
- Site Map or Sketch of the area where work is to be performed
- Permit Fee (contact Jamie Booker @ 615.507.2763 for the amount due)
- Bond or Deposit (contact Jamie Booker @ 615.507.2763 for the amount due)
- Certificate of Liability Insurance (COL)
- Copy of the Repair Standards & Specs
- Contact TN1 Call (811) to mark location appropriately
- Turn in to Jamie Booker @ 1750 Gen. George Patton Dr., Brentwood
- Terms and conditions
- Open Cut / Directional Bore Supplemental Conditions
- Terms & Conditions
Keep in mind
- Work may NOT begin until permit number has been issued. Your permit is NOT valid until payment has been received.
- Bond or Deposit will not be released until the completed job has been inspected and released by our street inspector,Richard Schroder.
- It is your responsibility to contact Wayne Bobbitt and request an inspection of the completed job. Richardcan be reached at the office (615) 371.0080.