Downloading an eBook or eAudiobook through R.E.A.D.S using Libby
*for iPhone/iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, and other App-based devices
You will need:
- A valid John P. Holt Brentwood Library card
- Access to wifi
- The Libby app downloaded to your device (see below)
Downloading the app and connecting to the John P. Holt Brentwood Library:
- Search for Libby (by Overdrive) in your app store and download it to your mobile device.
- Tap the Hi! Button and tap on Find My Library.
- Tennessee READS: Buffalo River Region – Brentwood Library will pop up. Tap Yes.
- If the Brentwood Library does not automatically pop up, do a search for the library
- You should now be in the Tennessee R.E.A.D.S. catalog. Tap “Add Your Card” on the right.
- Select Brentwood Library from the pulldown menu and enter your library card number. Sign in.
Checking out a book:
- To browse the R.E.A.D.S. collection, scroll down to view the genres.
- To search for a book or author, tap Search the Catalog in the upper left corner and enter your search term.
- A list of titles will appear
- Tip: Audiobooks will have an icon of a set of headphones on the cover title. Ebooks will not.
- Tip: Tapping on the plus sign in the middle of the page of results will allow you to filter your results
- Tap on the title you are interested in and tap borrow. If the item is already checked out, tap Place a Hold to place a hold on the item.
- You can now begin reading the book by tapping on Open Book. You are also given the option to keep browsing or to go to your Shelf (tip: Your Shelf is where all of your Loans and Holds reside.)
- Tip: The download settings are set to automatically download titles only when on wi-fi. To adjust these settings, tap on the three lines in the upper right corner of the screen.