8109 Concord Road
Brentwood, TN, 37027
|Monday|| 9 AM - 6 PM
|Tuesday|| 9 AM - 6 PM
|Wednesday|| 9 AM - 6 PM
|Thursday|| 9 AM - 6 PM
|Friday|| 9 AM - 6 PM
|Saturday|| 10 AM - 6 PM
|Sunday|| 1 PM - 6 PM
|Android Phone and Tablet
|iPad and iPhone
Downloading and Streaming Music with Freegal
* Instructions for app-based devices (e.g. Android phones/tablets, iPhones/iPads).
You will need:
- A valid John P. Holt Brentwood library card
- Access to wi-fi for your device
- Logged in to your Freegal service (see below)
- The Freegal app downloaded to your device (see below)
Initial App/Account Setup
- Open your device's store app and search, "freegal music".
- Select the app with a logo matching the image above.
- When the app finishes downloading, open it.
- Enter the library's zip code (i.e. 37027), and tap Continue.
- Select"Brentwood Library" at the next prompt.
- Enter in your library card number (The long number under the barcode) in the provided field.
- Enter your Pin in the provided field. Your Pin is usually the last four digits of your phone number associated with your library account.
Searching for Songs
There are a couple of ways to go about discovering new songs/albums/artists or looking for a specific song or artist.
- On the bottom bar of the app, you will see four icons. Tap "Browse" to see what is currently the most popular on Freegal.
- On the bottom bar of the app, you will see four icons. Tap "Search" to begin looking for specific content.
Downloading or Streaming Music
- Upon locating a song you want to download, tap the vertical three dots on the right side.
- To see what music you have downloaded or added to a streaming playlist, tap "My Music" on the bottom bar of the app