NOTICE TO PERMIT APPLICANTSThe City of Brentwood Planning and Codes Department will continue to operate under normal business hours in every way possible. We are taking precautions and following CDC guidelines to insure our employees and customers are safe while maintaining normal review and permitting operations. The following temporary changes to our normal operations have been implemented with the safety of everyone in mind.
- All permit applications, plans and other supporting documents can be electronically submitted here: https://www.brentwoodtn.gov/departments/planning-codes
- Permit fees shall be provided in the exact amount, by check only, made payable to The City of Brentwood and mailed to:
- The City of Brentwood-Planning and Codes Department Attention Ms. Teri Daly P.O. Box 788 Brentwood, TN 37024-0788 Your permit will be emailed to you upon payment of all required fees.
- Please call our 24-hour Inspection Phone Line at 615.661.7077 or via https://brentwood.onlama.com
- Appointment only
- Inspections will be completed as expeditiously as possible and at the discretion of the Inspector
- Inspections of occupied homes/spaces for Residential Additions, Remodels, Swimming Pool Finals and Commercial Tenant Finishes WILL REQUIRE MANDATORY social distancing of a minimum of six feet and/or, depending upon the situation, the services of a third-party approved agency or individual competent and experienced in the related trade work completed. Inspectors can assist you in this process. Consult with the area inspector in advance of inspection request for final determination if a third party is required.
- For new construction or tenant finishes, the inspector may request that all persons vacate the structure/area until the inspection is completed.
- Inspectors are available by cell phone Monday- Friday from 8am-5pm to answer questions. In person meetings are strongly discouraged during this time.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.
All contractors must provide the following on ALL permit applications:
- Current Tennessee Contractor's License number
- Current Tennessee Workers' Compensation - City of Brentwood as certificate holder
- Current Brentwood Business Tax License number (see below for additional information).
Online Permitting Portal
Contractors can do the following in our online system https://brentwood.onlama.com/:
- View the status of submitted permits
- View comments/questions from Inspectors regarding specific permits
- Schedule Inspections
A registration code is required in order for existing contractors to be linked to your prior applications in the Online Permitting Portal. Emails are being sent to contractors with active permits who have emails stored in our system. However, you can also request your registration code by emailing your contractor name as it appears on your license along with a working phone number to Planning-Codes.
In lieu of the Online System, you may call the Inspection Request Line. It is available 24/7 and can be accessed by calling (615) 661-7077. Simply follow the recorded message instructions.
Whether you use the Online System or the Inspection Request Line, inspection requests must be received by 7:30 a.m. of the day the inspection is desired. Requests received after this time will be scheduled on the following day.
|Online Permitting Portal|
Brentwood Business Tax License
If a business does more than $50,000 per the company's taxable year, for work inside the city of Brentwood; a Brentwood Business Tax License is needed.
If a company does not meet the criterion, an affidavit make be completed and signed. The affidavit is available HERE.
Energy Efficiency Certification Stickers
Energy Efficiency Certification Stickers are no longer provided by the City of Brentwood
Contractors can purchase the stickers at https://shop.iccsafe.org/energy-efficiency-certificate-sticker-packets-of-25.html
NOTE: Should you have problems accessing the Online System, you may need to delete your web browser's cache, cookies and/or temporary internet files. Refer to your web browser's manufacturer's instructions for further information.