Long Range Planning activities include:
Oversight of the Brentwood 2030 Long Range Comprehensive Plan. The plan was last updated in the fall of 2016. It details the community's vision for future growth and development. The plan identifies tools to help future growth match the City’s vision. By anticipating what type of growth and development is likely, and where it is likely to occur, the plan helps the City place the appropriate land uses and infrastructure – such as roads and utilities -- in the right locations. It also helps coordinate City services.
Coordination of the Brentwood Major Thoroughfare Plan (MTP). The MTP is the mobility component of the Brentwood 2030 Plan and was also revised in 2016. The MTP is a long range, proactive plan that includes vision and action to address the issues involved in rapid growth. The plan is intended to address roadway, bicycle and pedestrian issues. Policies for encouraging bicycle and pedestrian safety and usage will be included as part of the plan update.
The Brentwood 2030 Plan is the guiding document used by the City Commission, advisory boards, and staff as they seek to ensure a bright future for the Brentwood community. The origin of the plan goes back to 1980 and the adoption of "Brentwood 2000" - the City's first-ever comprehensive plan. The Brentwood 2020 Plan was adopted in 1999 and replaced in October 2016 with the Brentwood 2030 Plan.
1. Assure adequate areas for environmental conservation, recreation, and scenic purposes.
2. Assure adequate provisions for retirement-age persons including alternative housing for all stages, services, and activities.
3. Assure adequate commercial activities in providing additional tax base, serving areas with unmet needs, reducing trips associated with convenience activities, and maintaining the viability of existing activities.
4.Assure a more mobile community in conveniently and safely linking people with home, employment, essential services, and recreation. It is a further goal to assure mobility provisions that are suitable for the environment, integrate land use and promote economic activity.
5.Assure the continuation of existing predominate residential types and densities in future residential areas other than for retirement districts. It is a further goal to assure adequate provisions for future service institutional uses.
6. Enhance community involving entry, appearance, cultural/civic opportunities, and safety.
7.Maintain and enhance an effective growth management system.<
- Brentwood 2020 Plan -- February 1999
- 2008 Progress Report PDF (08/2008)
- Updated 2020 Plan 2008 PDF (08/2008)
- Updated 2020 Plan 2006 PDF (08/2006)
- 2020 Plan Appendix 2006 PDF (11/2006)
Surveys2020 Update Residential Survey #1
2020 Update Residential Survey #1 - Results
2020 Update Residential Survey #1 - Compilation of responses to question #25 (comments)
2020 Update Residential Survey #1 - Final Report
2020 Update Business Survey - Final Report (survey included)
2020 Update Resident Survey #2 - Final Report (survey included)