The City of Brentwood has recognized the growing interest in mobile food vendors in our community. Ordinance 2017-01 and Ordinance 2017-02 have been passed to address regulations and permitting in order to maintain the health, safety and welfare of our citizens.
The permitting process for individual trucks as well as events involving more than two trucks is outlined below. We will continue to update this page with permitted food trucks for citizen and special event use. If you have any questions/comments please contact us at (615) 371-2204.
CURRENTLY PERMITTED FOOD TRUCKS (as of 02/07/2020)
(*)asterisk denotes a business license held in the City of Brentwood
Food Truck Permit Applications for 2020 are now available.
Permits must be renewed annually. Below are the currently permitted food trucks in Brentwood:
GYPSY CREPE COMPANY
SOUTHERN SPOON CATERING
BRICK AND MOTOR
MEADOWS MELT'S SHAVED ICE & COTTON CANDY
COUSINS MAINE LOBSTER
BLUE MONKEY SHAVED ICE
THE GRILLED CHEESERIE
BUTTERMILK SKY PIE SHOP
MUSIC CITY BRISKET
THE TENNESSEE COBBLER CO.
CHICK-FIL-A FOOD TRUCK
MAGGIEMOO'S MOBILE ICE CREAM & TREATERY
BRADLEY'S CREAMERY (*)
MOOSIC CITY ICE CREAM & WAFFLES
DEEZIE'S CHICKEN AND WAFFLES
CHANG NOI THAI LAO FUSION
LITTLE CANCUN ON THE GO
HOSS' LOADED BURGERS
TRINIDADY ISLAND GRILL
THE LOVE BUS
BRUSTER'S REAL ICE CREAM
JULIA'S HOMESTYLE BAKERY
MOJO COOKIE DOUGH AND CREAMERY
ZANDER'S WOODFIRED PIZZA
TCHOUPITOULAS STREET SNOBALLS
M.L. ROSE CRAFT BURGERS
OPERATING REQUIREMENTSRefer to Section 18-185 for additional requirements
- Vehicles must be specifically designed and constructed to sell the food offered.
- Food service vehicles must be licensed and equipped in accordance with requirements of state and local agencies having jurisdiction.
- Cannot operate in an area that impedes or interferes with access to another business, obstructs lawful signage of another business or obstructs emergency access/response.
- Mobile food service vehicles shall serve pedestrians only. No Drive-through or drive-in service.
- One sandwich board sign is permitted, maximum size 8 sq. ft. /side, placed no more than two-feet from the vehicle in addition to graphics/signage on the vehicle.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited except as allowed by state law.
- Allowed in all Commercial zones.
- Allowed in all Service Institution zones, for special events only, approval in advance by the City.
- Allowed in all Residential zones, only for events sponsored by homeowner associations, or special events approved by the Planning Commission.
LOCATION & HOURS OF OPERATION
Refer to Section 18-184 for specific location criteria and approval requirements
Food Trucks: Cannot operate in the public right of way, or on public property, except where specifically permitted.
- Prohibited on an unimproved parcel
- Hours of Operation: 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Canteen Trucks: Must operate in “clearly delineated” locations or in active constructions areas. Must operate in the public right-of-way only.
- May only operate for one hour at a time
- Hours of Operation: 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Ice Cream Trucks: May operate in the public right of way for no more than 15 minutes at one location. Must move at least 1/4 mile from previous location
- May operate on private property with written permission of property owner
- Hours of Operation: 11:00 AM to Sunset
**The Park Board shall establish rules for operation of Food Service Vehicles in City Parks.
PERMITS & FEESRefer to Section 18-186 for additional permit requirements
- Issued annually.
- Must be displayed on vehicle.
- Term of ALL permits shall run from January 1 to December 31
$50.00 Annual Application/Renewal Fee
$100.00 Fine Amount - Food Service Vehicle found to be operating without the required permit
$50.00 Application for Food Truck Rally (Administrative Approval) - Food Truck Rally of three to ten Food Service Vehicles
$300.00 Application for Food Truck Rally (Planning Commission Approval) - Food Truck Rally where more than 10 food trucks participate
- Only permitted vehicles are allowed to participate
- Application deadline is 30 days before the date of the rally
- City may require a financial guarantee for cleanup and/or repairs within the public right of way
Canteen Truck – sells pre-packaged food to workers at construction sites that requires no on-site preparation, other than warming
Food Truck - sells food prepared on the truck or in a commissary to the public
Ice Cream Truck - sells pre-packaged frozen dairy, dairy substitute, or water based products. Can be motorized vehicle or a non-motorized cart.
Food Truck Rally - three or more food trucks operating in one location at a time
Improved Parcel - one that contains a building