The City of Brentwood is located in Williamson County, Tennessee on the southern boundary of Metropolitan Nashville. We are a professional and progressive law enforcement agency committed to providing excellent service to the citizens and visitors of Brentwood. The Department is comprised of more than 60 sworn officers and close to 20 civilian staff. Three divisions make up the department: Field Operations, Criminal Investigations, and Technical/Support Services. The Brentwood Police Department is proud to have been an Internationally Accredited Law Enforcement Agency since 1989 and strives to maintain the high standards of CALEA in all areas of our department.
The Brentwood Police Department hires only the most qualified applicants, thus the testing and selection process is very competitive. If you are up to the challenge of working for one of the nation's finest law enforcement agencies, we encourage you to apply today!
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- United States Citizen
- High School Graduate or possess an equivalency
- Sixty (60) semester hours college credit or two years military service with honorable discharge
- AND 30 semester hours college credit or two years law enforcement experience and 30 semester hours college credit
- Must be of good moral character
- No visible tattoos in a traditional short sleeve uniform
Applicants must successfully complete the following:
Physical Fitness Test
Oral Interviews (Two interview panels)
Police Chief’s Interview
Thorough Background Investigation
Medical Physical Examination
- Must attend academy training at the Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy (if not previously certified)
- Previously certified officers from out of state must attend three week Tennessee Transition Academy at TLETA.
- Academy graduates must then complete a twenty (20) week Field Training Program. Previously certified officers may be eligible for an abbreviated FTO program.
- Upon completion of the FTO program, the officer will be assigned to a shift in the Field Operations Division.
- The Brentwood Police Department places significant emphasis on training and education and makes specialized courses available to all officers.
- Paid Vacation- (12-18 days annually)
- Paid Sick Days
- Educational Pay Supplements
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Nine Paid Holidays Per Year
- Health Insurance (No cost to employee, the City pays 50% of Family Coverage)
- Life Insurance (No cost to employee)
- Enhanced State Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation Supplemental Retirement (matching funds)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Reimbursement Plan
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- No-cost YMCA Membership
- Up to a 10% increase in starting pay for certified police officers
- Shift Differential Pay
- $200 per month Vehicle Supplement
- All officers are fully equipped at no expense to the officer.