The Brentwood Police Department offers a R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense) Program for women and a radKIDS (resisting aggression defensively) program for children. RAD is the largest and fastest growing self-defense program in the United States. Brentwood Police Officers, who are certified RAD instructors, teach these free classes throughout the year.
Now Accepting Applications for Future Classes
Boys and girls ages between 5 and 12 years old
The Brentwood Police Department also offers as a free community service the radKIDS® program. The radKIDS® Personal Empowerment Safety Education Program is an 8-hour family centered safety education program that emphasizes essential decision-making skills as well as physical resistance options to escape violence.
For more information, interested parents should email Officer Sam Bady.
Basic and Advanced R.A.D.
New Class Scheduled! Sign up Now!
Tuesday, November 12
Thursday, November 14
Tuesday, November 19
Thursday, November 21
This class session will meet from 6 to 9 pm
Four classes - taught in three-hour sessions
Offered for girls 13 years of age and older
A “go at your own pace” program designed for virtually all fitness and skill levels
- Learn practical ways to make yourself a hard target in various situations
- Learn and practice easy, effective, physical techniques to defend yourself
- The opportunity to use the techniques learned against an aggressor in a controlled environment
- A great bonding experience for mothers and daughters - the only cost to you is 12 hours of your time
- An empowering experience that gives most women more confidence in themselves
- Lifetime return and practice guarantee
Brentwood Safety Center East
1300 Sunset Road, Brentwood TN
Prerequisite - Each participant must have successfully completed the Basic Rape Aggression Defense class before attending this course. This course is designed to build upon many of the techniques learned in the Basic R.A.D. course. “Advanced” does not mean “complicated”. Students will learn additional techniques that were not covered in the basic course.
To Register or Get More Information contact one of the officers below
Officer Sam Bady