Community Guide - B

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A     B     C     D     E     F     G     H     I     J     K     L     M     N     O     P     Q     R     S     T     U     V     W     X     Y     Z



Blasting Permit

See Cross Connection Control Program

Blasting Permit

Blasting permits must be obtained from both the Brentwood Fire & Rescue Department and the State of Tennessee. Blasting regulations and standards are dictated under state law. For complaints or suggestions call the State Department of Commerce & Insurance at 615-741-7048.

Board of Zoning Appeals

A five member citizen board is responsible for approval of certain home occupation permits, accessory buildings, requests and review of all Zoning Ordinance appeals and variances.  The  Board meets on third Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at the Brentwood Municipal Center. For more information about this board, contact the Planning and Codes Department at 615-371-2204 or

Boards and Commissions

Citizens are encouraged to apply for appointments to any of the City’s volunteer boards and commissions. The Boards are: Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Park Board, Library Board, Environmental Advisory Board, Board of Building Construction Appeal, Tree Board, and Brentwood Historic Commission. A list of available positions and application forms may be obtained by contacting the Community Relations Director at 615-371-0060, or via E-mail.


Bonfires for special events are permitted in the city.  Bonfire permits must be obtained through the Fire & Rescue Department and require a refundable deposit of $100 that will be returned if the bonfire is fully extinguished by the permit holder.  Permits must be obtained seven calendar days prior to the event.  Written permission from the HOA board must be provided for bonfire sites located in subdivision open space.  Materials to be burned must be natural vegetation.  Required intervention by the fire department or reasonable complaints may require forfeiture of the deposit.  Bonfire permits may be revoked before or during the bonfire if there is reason to believe the bonfire will not be or is not adequately supervised, or if weather or other condition on the day of the bonfire post a significant public health or safety risk.

Brentwood Activity Books

A coloring and activity book designed for children to explain Brentwood’s city government and the history of the Boiling Spring Academy site are available to individuals and groups. For copies contact the Community Relations Director at 615-371-0060, or via E-mail.

Brentwood City Limits 

Some property owners have a Brentwood mailing address, but their property is not located within the City of Brentwood. The primary reason for the confusion is that the U.S. Postal Service makes decisions pertaining to the post office territory. Service areas are made without consideration of the city limits or county boundaries. Accordingly, some businesses and homes have a Brentwood mailing address (zip code 37027) but are located in Nashville/Davidson County instead. Municipal services and public schools in those areas are provided by Metro Nashville instead of Brentwood/Williamson County. If you are unsure of the jurisdiction of your home or a home you are considering for purchase, you may call the Planning and Codes Department at 615-371-2204 or for information.

Brush Removal

Brush removal is available to City of Brentwood residents on a monthly basis. Brush placed at the curb is chipped by Public Works crews on scheduled routes. Brush or trees cut by a commercial tree service will not be accepted. Commercial services must haul the trimmings away. Call the Public Works Department at 615-371-0080 for information on when the brush chipping crew will be in your neighborhood or

Building Permits

Required for any new structures, room additions, renovations, decks, swimming pools, commercial tents, sheds, and demolition of structures. Refer to "Grading Permit" for the permitting of clearing, grading and drainage projects.  Contact the Planning & Codes Department at 615-371-2204 or CLICK HERE to print or download a Building Permit application.

Burning Trash, Limbs and Leaves

City of Brentwood prohibits, by ordinance, any burning of materials within the City limits. For more information, call the Fire & Rescue Department at 615-371-0170 or

Business License

business license is required to operate a commercial business or home occupation. Contact the Business Tax Clerk at 615-371-0060 or CLICK HERE to print or download a Business License application. Also, see Home Occupation.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer