Face coverings are required in all City facilities.  For the latest Covid-19 information, please visit

Community Guide - D

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A     B     C     D     E     F     G     H     I     J     K     L     M     N     O     P     Q     R     S     T     U     V     W     X     Y     Z



Dead Animals

To have dead animals removed from streets and the public right-of-way call Public Works Department, 615-371-0080.  The City cannot remove dead animals from private property.  See Animal Control.


A permit is required to build, renovate, add onto or replace a deck.  Contact the Planning & Codes Department at 615-371-2204.

Defensive Driving School

The Brentwood Police Department offers a four hour defensive driving class for residents who have been sentenced to driving school as a result of a traffic citation. The class is instructed by police officers who are certified through the National Safety Council. It is held from 8:30 am until 12:30 pm on the third Saturday of each month at Brentwood Safety Center East. For more information call 615-371-2272 or visit the police department website at an click Municipal Court.


Dogs must be on a leash whenever they are not on the owner’s property. The City’s ordinances also prohibit allowing dogs to bark habitually and repeatedly so as to interfere with neighboring residents’ reasonable use and enjoyment of their property. Complaints about dogs running at large should be directed to Williamson County Animal Control at 615-790-5590. Complaints about barking dogs should be directed to the Brentwood Police Department at 615-371-0160 or the Planning and Codes Department at 615-371-2204.

Driver’s License

The Tennessee Highway Patrol Office is located at 3830 Carothers Parkway, Franklin. For more information about renewals or applying for a driver’s license call 615-790-5515 or visit the Tennessee Highway Patrol. Hours are Tuesday-Friday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm.