Community Guide - R

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A     B     C     D     E     F     G     H     I     J     K     L     M     N     O     P     Q     R     S     T     U     V     W     X     Y     Z



Ravenswood Mansion

The Ravenswood Mansion, owned and operated by the City, is available for rent. It is surrounded by 400 acres of forested hills, includes elegant rooms, a grand entryway and a picturesque back porch. It also provides modern amenities including a fully functional catering kitchen. The restored 1825 antebellum mansion is rich in history and charm and offers the ideal venue for weddings, receptions, corporate parties, business retreats and other special events. Anyone interested in renting the Ravenswood Mansion can view the website at or call 615-371-0060.

Recreational Program Sign-up

Contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 615-371-2208 or visit the Recreation & Activities webpage.

Recycling/Convenience Centers

Brentwood locations: Fire Station #2, 1301 Wilson Pike, recycling items only. Recycling items as well as large items for disposal (trash) can be taken to Trinity Convenience Center, 3004 Wilson Pike, 615-507-3231; Nolensville Convenience Center, 1525 Owen Road, 615-776-2717; or Grassland Center, 1495 Sneed Road, 615-371-1697. Locations cannot accept liquids, sprays, paints, batteries or tires. For additional information on hazardous waste disposal contact Williamson County Recycling Center at 615-786-0166. For additional information on recycling go to

Resident Responsibility

Residents of the City of Brentwood are asked to observe all regulations regarding their property, which include cleaning and maintaining sidewalks adjoining their property, as well as driveways, approaches and curbs; keeping property clear of junk vehicles and litter; maintaining a lawn free of excessively high grass and/or weeds and assuring that all easements are clear of obstructions.


City Commission actions not requiring passage of an ordinance are generally accomplished by resolution. Resolutions may be passed to recognize a noteworthy accomplishment or event, state intentions of Commissioners, request action from other legislative bodies, approve contracts or authorize acquisition of property for city projects.

Right-of-Way Questions

The right-of-way is a strip of land owned by the city, state or federal government typically adjacent to and including the street which is used for the roadway and essential utilities. There are limitations on what a property owner may do within the right-of-way. For further information contact the Public Works Department at 615-371-0080.

Road Construction, Resurfacing Program

Road construction occurs mainly during the spring and summer months, as existing roads are upgraded and new ones are constructed. Contact the Public Works Department at 615-371-0080.  Also, view the latest Road Construction Update.