What began in 1986 with 26 members serving a population of approximately 15,000 from a single location has grown into a 66-member organization serving over 40,000 residents from four strategically-located fire stations. We staff four ALS Engine Companies, a Ladder Company, a Medium Rescue, and various support vehicles.
Today, as we have throughout our history, we remain committed to providing the highest level of fire suppression, fire education, emergency medical, and technical rescue services to our citizens and visitors alike. We take great pride in our organizational cornerstones of leadership, service, integrity, and excellence, and employ highly trained and motivated people who are committed to providing professional & innovative services to our community. These efforts have been recognized by way of Awards of Excellence from the Greater Nashville Regional Council, the Tennessee City Management Association, and most significantly in 2014 by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International when the Brentwood Fire & Rescue Department became the 201st agency in the world to achieve Accredited Agency status. All this would not be possible without the kind and generous support of those we serve.
Take your time and browse around our site! You will discover numerous opportunities to learn more about our department via the website and social media. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
About the Fire Chief
- Chief Brian Goss is a 33-year fire service veteran
- 1983: Started as a paid-on-call firefighter in Bangor, Michigan
- 1988-2008: Grand Rapids, Michigan Fire Department and served as Lieutenant, Captain, and Battalion Chief before retiring
- 2008-2011: Assistant Fire Chief of Brentwood Fire & Rescue
- 2011- present: Fire Chief of Brentwood Fire & Rescue
- Spring Arbor University, B.A. of Arts
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte's Fire & Rescue Management Institute
- Chief Fire Officer (CFO) designation earned through the Commission on Professional Credentialing at the Center for Public Safety Excellence